Something To Talk About

Jon at Stuff Christians Like has quickly become one of my favorite blog-writers. He makes me cry because I laugh so hard, but he also looks at our Christian Culture Bubble in a serious light sometimes. He pokes fun at the sometimes-crazy things we as Christians so, but underneath the sarcasm is truth that makes you think and evaluate what you really believe or why you do something. He's open and vulnerable about himself too, and that's just refreshing.
One of his posts this week is called "Asking God if He wants you to go on an adventure" and it struck me as being relevant to some of you and the "life stage" that you might find yourself in. (I hate the term life stage now...waaay over-used.)

Anyway, go read it. Think about it. Let me know what you think, and I'll let you know what I think. (This is also my way of testing to see if anyone reads this blog...granted, I haven't posted on it in quite sometime, but still. Want to know if you're paying attention to this.)

Do you think Jon's assessment is correct?
Do you feel that way, sometimes, maybe all the time?
There seems to be a Christian sub-culture that promotes doing justice/adventure-type work (think, Bloodwater Mission, Bedouins, even Toms), so how do you feel about Jon's conclusion?
How does this make you feel about missionaries?

Post a comment or two and lets discuss this. Or bring it up when we're hanging out this week.

0 comments:

About this blog

Dates to Remember

  • Sundays in the Jones House: 9:30 AM for coffee, bagels and prayer
  • Tuesdays in the Jones House: 6:30 PM for Dinner and 7:30 PM for Bible Study